Tidworth open driving day 30/09/12

Hopefully most of you will have seen this in the calendar or other forums, but for those that haven't...

Dorset Land Rover club will be holding their open driving day on Salisbury's Tidworth driving range.

It's an 'open' event so no need for membership.

Just turn up on the day, no need to book. The site is vast & I doubt we'll fill it!

All the info is on our home page 'Dorsetrover.co.uk' or just ask if you need to know anything.

http://dorsetrover.c...th-driving-day/

I assume the byway on northern and western perimeters are unaffected by this? Planning to lane around there that weekend.

Will it be barrier taped off?

We have no power to close the byway, just to stop muppets trying to sneak onto the site off the byway. You'd be surprised at how many think it's just a free for all!

We have no power to close the byway, just to stop muppets trying to sneak onto the site off the byway. You'd be surprised at how many think it's just a free for all!

Thanks! Might steer clever to avoid any issues of "you haven't paid!" ;)

We have the same issues when running Comp Safari's up there. A bit easier to police as racers don't look like standard trucks, and all marshals are known to me. One year we even had some idiots thinking it's be fun to follow the arrows and drive round a live course.

We have the same issues when running Comp Safari's up there. A bit easier to police as racers don't look like standard trucks, and all marshals are known to me. One year we even had some idiots thinking it's be fun to follow the arrows and drive round a live course.

That's hilarious Dave! Some folks amaze me!!

Dlrc members £25 for vehcle and driver, non club members £30.

Passengers are £5 each, if that passenger wants to be able to drive, then it's £10, not 5, we basically make nothing out of the passenger/additional driver charge, landmark/msa take the fee straight off us.

Should be a good day, feel free to spread the word!!

• 2 weeks later...