What is this cable and where should it go?

EGR Solenoid wires in connector C191 are red/blue - red/black - pink/black

EGR modulator wires in connector C781 are black/orange - plain green

if that plug is defo EGR just secure it out of harms way, it's no longer req'd if the EGR valve unit is removed.

Sorry, I meant the cable I originally posted about. The one with the Pink/Black Purple/Green (see original photos)... See I told you it was off topic. :)

I've tucked them all under the engine cover.

Ta,

Mike

As for the original question, I can't see anywhere to plug in the loose end of the wire!

Cheers,

Mike

If it's C027 which seems to be the real candidate then it goes here ......

post-25689-0-04562700-1349031552_thumb.jpg

And if there's no connector there but just a bolt then maybe your head or engine have been swapped at some point, some 300 tdi's didn't have the sensor.

There's no connector and no bolt :blink: Just a hole where the sensor used to be...

So I'm guessing there is no need for this thermostate given the nuetering of the EGR valve.

I'll stuff a bolt in there tommorow for good measure, I was wondering if it might be a good place to stick a thermostate for a Kenlowe fan (Just to be controversial!)

Cheers,

Mike

thats the coolant temp sensor for the EGR system, so as the EGR is now non functional, just secure safely. you can either leave the temp sensor in place or make/fit a suitable blanking plug.

plug the hole or al your coolant will escape & then you'll have even more expensive problems to sort.

plug the hole or al your coolant will escape & then you'll have even more expensive problems to sort.

Yeah, I'll have a look at that one then... :(

I don't think there was any coolant on top of the casing. There might even be a plug of types in there!

As has been said there must me a plug of some sort in there or you'd have lost all your coolant by now .... maybe it has a broken bit of the temperature sensor still jammed in?

Yeah, I think there must be a bit of the sensor still in there.

It's been huge amounts of fun removing the bolt. For next weeks epsiode, watch me install a Kenlowe fan!

;)

Cor, I missed all that! Copper grease is going onto everything that I might want to undo ever again... Left hand drill bits sometimes help, but not if they haven't had some prior persuasion (heat, plus gas). I've grown perhaps overly fond of resistance heating using an arc welder though :)