Defender bulkhead, doors and an unhappy gap!!

Guys,

Just a quickie, just changed from soft to hard top and one piece doors. New doors don't fit very well, hard top shows up the misaligned doors. I can see the problem, bulkhead leans back very slightly, gap between bulkhead and tub is bigger at bottom.

Can the bulkhead be adjusted ( tilted toward the front) in situu with wings and all the stuff bolted on?

If so, where do I start??

It can, but you first have to understand whats holding the bulkhead where it is. you'll need to loosen the bolts that hold the wings to the chassis and radiator at the front end, you'll then have to loosed the bulkhead to chassis tie bolts. right the bulkhead is held in place by two plate brackets that fix to the chassis around the bulkhead footwell area, you may find spacers in there you can remove, if not there is a bit of play in the chassis bracket bolt holes, failing that you'll have to take it off and tweek the bracket a bit... best thing you can do it scower the front end of your truck for all the bolts I'm talking about...

Mav

• 2 weeks later...