dead turbo - what else to check

Hi all,

My 90 died in a big cloud of white smoke a few months ago and it's about time I got it sorted out.

It was on the way back from challenge event, where it was decidedly wet! The oil warning light flickered on after one wet hole but soon disappeared (and I rather forgot about it!). On the drive home, oil warning light started flickering again, shortly followed by a lot white smoke from the exhaust. I pulled over but then drove an extra 300m to get us off the motorway. It sounded very rough by the time I stopped. Then got it towed home.

Dismantling it reveals a completely knackered turbo and very oily pipes. I've managed to source a re-con hybrid turbo for reasonable money so that's ready to fit, I'm also tempted to get a better intercooler and silicone pipes.

What else should I be checking? Fuel pump, big end / main bearings?

Thanks all

Nick

Should have said; I took head off, gasket was fine and no visible issues from the top. Also there's still oil on the dipstick (although obviously that's irrelevant if the oil pressure disappeared). I will drop the sump off and investigate a little more, probably about time it had an oil change anyway!

Thanks for response

Nick