Inlet manifold bypass pipe

V8david

Next question, sorry...

Has anyone removed/replaced the inlet manifold bypass pipe at the front of the inlet manifold? Part number ETC6547 I think?

Pictures of the part suggest that it is threaded so will it simply unscrew? Is heat required? I've got a spare inlet manifold to practice on as well. Mine's rusty and leaks slightly so if I've got to take the inlet manifold off again I may as well replace it.

Also, if it does screw in, does it need the thread coating with anything before screwing the new one in?

Cheers again

David

• 3 weeks later...

Searching my part number brings up this;

ETC6547.jpg

So it looks like a normal screw thread. If its steel into ali its probably stuck. You could try welding nuts to it or putting stud extractors down it. A bit of silicon or gasket paste would help it for the future?

Thanks for the replies. I have tried pretty hard on the spare one, but not my hardest yet! Penetrating fluid and lots of heat made no difference at all, it's fookin solid quite frankly.

I'm thinking it could be a job for the machine shop place when I need it in the future, once I've saved up for megasquirt.

Have not unscrewed the pipe. But I have unscrewed the bung in its place to fit one. Plenty of penetrating lube left to soak and a big bar, and a little heat and the bung came out.easier though cos you have a hex to drive. Fitted it with a pair of pipe grips and some Ali sheet to protect it. Just some ptfe tape to seal. But could use loctite thread sealant.