What are they worth??

I need to get a rough idea of the value of the works Land Rovers. The company is closing at the end of November and they will all be goin up for sale. I would like a couple for my self but Ive no idea how to put a value on them. Non of these vehicles have ever been registered for the road and are all ex military. On offer will be:

Land Rover 110 2 door Hard Top 2.5 12j diesel year 1985/87.

It has been sprayed bright yellow and has a few minor dents in the wings. It is in good working order but has done the least amont of work as it was only used a slow speeds a few times a year for corporate events. It has not been used off road at all. The steering has been modified to make it a turn the wrong way. This can easily but converted back in less than an hour. The engine is a bit smokey but I think this is due to its lack of use ( it has only been used for 4 days in the last 5 years and don know more than 10 hours of running in that time). The chasis is solid with no rot visable but the bulkhead needs a repair to the passenger side.

Land rover 90 soft top 2.5 12j diesel 1983/84 there are 2 of these available. One is straighter than the other but needs a clutch and starter motor and a few of the switched need replacing the chassis and drive train are in very good condition. This has seen very little use in the last 6 years. The other one drives fine but has an intermitent starter fault and the front wings are dented. It has had a discovery disc braked 24 spline rear axle fitted. The chassis is in good order with no signs of damage or rot. The drive train is in good order with no bangs or knocks etc but clutch needs adjusting. This vehicle has been used for about 5 hours a month to teach off road driving.

Land Rover 110 csw 1997? 300tdi ex falklands civi spec. There are two of these. They have both been heavily used off road and both have had a rangerover 10 spline rear axle fitted.

No 1 has seen the least amount of use and is the straightest of the two. It needs repairs to the doors and the seats need replacing and there are lots of dents in the bodywork. The chassis looks ok but the suspension is tired. The engine is in good order, its just had a new starter motor, water pump, p gasket and the alternator has also been changed recently. It has just had the transfer box replaced with a good condition discovery unit which had all new seals and the handbrake had new pads and cable fitted.

No 2 This has been the main vehicle on the site and has been used for several hours every week. The body work is very battered but the chassis is in good order. The engine is quite smokey and it uses quite a bit of oil. It has recently had brake pads alround, New front and rear dampers, new front springs and bump stops, New steering damper and drag link, a new vaccuum pump, power steering pump, water pump alternator and starter motor and all the filters were changed.

There is also a late 200tdi discovery which is on an L plate and currently sorn. The engine is good it has recently had a new starter motor, alternator and water pump. Its also had brake pads all round, new track rod ends on the drag link and new ujs on the steering shaft. The body is dented and has the usual rot in the sills.

I would like to get a rough idea of a value for each vehicle, as I would like to buy a couple to do up my self. The value of land rovers does vary so much, the last one I bought was over 6 years ago so I just sort of need to get a figure so Ive got an idea what to offer so I dont pay to much.

Any advice much apreciated

Regards Jason

They are all located at Manby Motorplex near Louth in Lincolnshire. The boss is unsure what there worth as they are not registered so told me to make an offer. This is not an advert so please dont start calling up to buy them! They will be in use till the end of November but I was hoping I may be able to get a couple as part of my redundancy deal.

Is there any realistic chance any of them would pass a MoT?

Do you have any way of substantiating their dates-of-manufacture? (do the Heritage guys up at Gaydon still do this if you give them a chassis-number and cross their palms with gold?)

I'm just thinking that - should you want to register them for road-use - you'd need an accurate manufacture-date before you can get them MoTed/taxed: a "Q"-reg might be the only way.

You may also find HMRC start asking questions about VAT.

--Dog.

All the relavent vin and chassis numbers are in place as well as the military id plate on the side of the seat box. The 2 90's and the 110 would get through an Mot with minimal work I would of thought.

That should help - at least you'll escape the hassle of SVA/IVA requirements - and should be able to get an "age-related" registration issued rather than a Q-plate.

--Dog.

Understeer makes you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Oversteer makes you hit the fence with the rear of the car.

Horsepower decides how fast you hit the fence.

Torque decides how far you take the fence with you.

If you can get a plate and mot on them those >25 year old land 90/110 would have some value for export. E.g. here in the netherlands prices for those vehicles are way higher then in the UK, mainly because you dont pay road tax for them (which is quite a lot for a diesel 110)

If you can get a plate and mot on them those >25 year old land 90/110 would have some value for export. E.g. here in the netherlands prices for those vehicles are way higher then in the UK, mainly because you dont pay road tax for them (which is quite a lot for a diesel 110)

agree with that, i when to the UK to buy my 90 i am now looking for a 110 to buy but they are so much money here