Spot lights - recommendations please

mickeyw

Now the dark evenings are upon us again, I thought it was time to reconnect the spots on my 90.

They are Ring Phazers that are many years old and have given good service in their time. Although the reflectors are grotty and the casing has rusted through the still make a worthwhile addition to the halogen headlights. Alas these are NLA.

I feel it is now time to spend a few pennies on a new set. I don't want to spend big bucks when they could get smashed off road.

The bay seems to have a fairly limited choice at the moment.

What are you all using at the lower end of the price range?

Requirements:

Round,

7" max ( to fit between winch & a-bar)

Man enough for 100W bulbs without melting

Not too spendy

Ralph, I already have a relay in circuit. I think my welding cable wiring might be OK without one, :lol:

Ross, the lamps I have are switched to come on with main beam, and being 100w x 2 aren't strictly legal anyway. HID though, hadn't thought of them, must be big £ aren't though

Pretty sure 55w is legal limit for H3 lamps in spots

refer to ----

PART II

Requirements relating to optional main-beam headlamps

Any number may be fitted and the only requirements prescribed by these Regulations in respect of any which are fitted are those specified in paragraphs 7, 10 and 12(a) of Part I and, in the case of a motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1991, paragraph 5 of Part I.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/5/made

doesn't state wattage limit for additional/optional main beam lights