300 Tdi Engine, how much do they move?

I'm currently in the process of fitting an ex utilities hydraulic powered fairey 525 winch to my 110.

I've just mounted the hydraulic motor to the chassis rail and the rear corner of it is only 4-5mm below the sump of the 300 TDI.

Obviously this is too close for comfort so I will need to remake the bracket, now here's the question....

How much up and down movement would you expect from the engine when off roading?

I did start it up and have a look and there was hardly any movement but I was unsure how much it would move when off roading.

I don't want to mod the bracket too much as it'll make the UJ's linking the motor to the winch work more, but obviously I want to move it enough so as to prevent a hole in the sump.

I guess a bit more rolling around under the car is called for to see how far out of the way I can get it.

On my PTO driven one the propshaft only cleared the front of the sump by about 1/8". It used to rattle a bit on tickover, but otherwise I cant recall it ever hitting very hard. I cured the rattle by slipping a bit of split heater hose over the shaft, but of course this fell off if you used the winch.

My worry is that it's a small contact point beng the end of an allen bolt so if I'm unlucky it'll punch a hole :(

Have rolled on the floor a bit and stared, I reckon if I weld a bit of 1/4 plate to the bracket aand redrill the holes I can move it forward an inch. Of course I'll have to shorten the drive shaft and cut a new keyway in but why would anything ever be simple eh? ;)

Then I can repaint all those bits for a second time!