Ashcrofts gearbox advise.

I'm pretty close to ordering a 44a stumpy R380 from Ashcrofts and have a few questions for anyone who can help?

It's going onto a 200tdi which was a transplant to replace a 2.5 td which is at the mo connected to a LT77. Can I use the same clutch that's currently in as its fairly new? Also, I have a new slave cylinder that I was going to use on the LT77, can I still use this in the stumpy?

Thanks in advance.

clutch plate/cover is common, slave cylinder on mine is FTC5072 use the short release bearing as listed here http://www.ashcroft-...d&productId=157

your existing bearing will foul & cause clutch slip, I found out the hard way, FTC5200 is about 10mm to long for the 'stumpy' R380.

best friction plate is the 130 heavy duty item, it has 8 damper springs UQB000130

I got an alu clutch release bearing housing and bearing from Rakway racing when I did mine, its exactly the same size as a standard one, i used the standard master cyclinder, the only thing I did was to cut 10mm off the pushrod. - I'm sure it was a thread on here that I found that out too...

Mav

Yep, that's on the list along with mods to the exhaust, oil cooler pipes, turbo and water pipes, maybe electrics, relocation of air filter box, getting an engine hoist and rewelding the mounts. That's why I'm swinging towards a stumpy but also weighing up the £££ v agro / time.

The Ashcroft box should be delivered complete with the suitable release bearing. That was what I was told when I asked about mine some years ago. None came with the box, so someone along the line had better use for it than me...