200 TDi Alternator mounting bracket help!!!

I was investigating why my battery warning light was giving a faint glow. I thought it was just a case the adjusting bolt had worked a bit loose so the alternator had slipped and lossen the belt...However it was a bit more of a problem than that.

I found that the bolts holding the alternator to it's mounting bracket have both sheared so the alternator is being held on by the adjuster strap and bolt only. I had a new alternator fitted earlier this year so I can only guess the garage used new bolts or the old bolts.

Is there any way of doing a temporary fix that will hold the alernator in place and take some of the strain off the adjuster strap so that doesn't break as well?

Is there anywhere that sells the mounting bracket (ETC8854), I've tried several websites, Paddocks, John Craddocks, Mailorder 4x4. Or will I have to try to find someone who is breaking a 200tdi engine to get the part. I'm ordering a bolt/stud extractor set in an effort to get the bolt remains out. I need to get the work done myself as I can't afford anymore garage bills.

This happened to me a while back. One bolt was missing altogether (which probably caused the problem), the other sheared, but came out easily enough with a left handed drill.

Once you get the bracket off the truck, you should be able to unscrew the studs by tapping them around with a hammer and small chisel, since they've been out recently.