A selection of questions on a TD5

DiscoHere

I have a lovely new (to me) TD5 Auto. It is going fine but a little sluggish when started. Anyway I have decided to keep it and I am now thinking of fixing the faults that are in it. So i will start with a few Questions and hopefully you might be in a position to short circuit searching

1. Is there any reliable way of fixing the heating element in the rear window demister
  2. How much trouble is there in replacing the window itself (DIY style)
  3. Is there any know faults with heated seats.....where should I start to to get it working again (not a fuse problem)
  4. Same question in relation to the electric mirror on the off side (not a fuse problem)
  5. And again where might I start my checks to get my headlight washers working again (not a fuse problem)
  6. How do i get my 2005 TD5 (auto) to change up to 4th earlier than 3 miles into the journey (I guess it is something to do with the heat of the gearbox)

Right that will do to start

Hugh

How do i get my 2005 TD5 (auto) to change up to 4th earlier than 3 miles into the journey (I guess it is something to do with the heat of the gearbox)

Hugh

This is the only one I can answer - it's not that it won't go into 4th, it's that the torque converter isn't locking up (at around 57 mph). There is as you suspect a time / temperature factor so that this doesn't happen when the oil in the box is cold.

I have a lovely new (to me) TD5 Auto. It is going fine but a little sluggish when started. Anyway I have decided to keep it and I am now thinking of fixing the faults that are in it. So i will start with a few Questions and hopefully you might be in a position to short circuit searching

1. Is there any reliable way of fixing the heating element in the rear window demister Depends what is wrong
  2. How much trouble is there in replacing the window itself (DIY style) Depends on you window replacement skills

3. Is there any know faults with heated seats.....where should I start to to get it working again (not a fuse problem) Elements have been known to fail
  4. Same question in relation to the electric mirror on the off side (not a fuse problem) No, but the glass movement can fail due to lack of lubrication
  5. And again where might I start my checks to get my headlight washers working again (not a fuse problem) Check 12v supply to the pump and water supply to the jets
  6. How do i get my 2005 TD5 (auto) to change up to 4th earlier than 3 miles into the journey (I guess it is something to do with the heat of the gearbox) It's in the design of the gearbox ecu to allow quicker warm up, D2s also have lockup in 3rd.

Right that will do to start

Hugh