Sleeping in your freelander

Leeh1306

haven't done it but would just simply put the back seats down or commercial freelanders no need, with a spare duvet/ partly inflated air bed so it can be bent about to fit sleeping bag/ duvet, and then you have a slightly short queen size bed, and put bags etc on the front seats.

That's kinda along the lines I was thinking! I've slept in mine loads when I've been working away but usually take the passenger head rest off and fold the seat flat and sort of lie across the bak with my legs on he front but its not ideal really!

I would say build a small platform in the boot area to line up with the height of the rear seats folded down to create a completely flat surface and sleep at an angle with a sleeping bag, or same as what theoptimist said about partially inflating an air bed and sleeping bag on top or duvet or whatever. Or if you have a bit of money get one of those fancy roof tents.

Slept in mine a few times, stationary & moving.

Parked up I just got in the passenger seat, pushed it right back & reclined a bit. Not the comfiest ever but I've had far worse.

Moving, we were driving in shifts, so the sleeper went across the back seat, legs tucked in, again not perfect but worked quite well.

Biggest issue, as with any car, is that overnight it gets frickin' chilly. If I had time I'd rig the webasto to run at night & power the blower motor on low to warm the cab.

Stupid question but how would I know if I had a fuel burn heater fitted? Is there a switch on the dash or where is it fitted? Thanks

Only the diesels have them, and then only some of them. On TD4's they're tucked in front of the nearside front wheel, you'll see a little stainless pipe poking down behind the bumper. Operation is automatic in cold temps but easy to make it run on demand. Full description in the RAVE manuals under "Heating & ventilation".

• 3 weeks later...