Can anyone I'd this ps pipe

mikec

25AA9AA2-14FD-46B1-BDDD-C5D7B3C1851A-168

I'm trying to get a replacement for this pipe, I bought the entire setup (box,pump,pipes) a few years back and sure they were from a disco (v8). But I can't seem to find one, it's got a four bolt box and the reservoir was on the passenger side. It might be that the pipe is modded Ath the end with just the hose and no fitting. But the replacement needs to have the bend in it on the box end to get round the others. Any help please.

Ps it'sthe one in the centre of the pic.

They look like standard V8 Disco or RRC pipes. The long straight section (one of yours is slightly bent) on each runs along the inside of the front cross member with the pipe without any fittings going to the reservoir (mounted on the LHS next to the radiator) and the other going to the power steering pump. The reservoir has another pipe that goes to the power steering pump.

in the yellow ring is a metal tag wrapped around the hose section, if you clean it you'll be able to read the part number, then post it here & I'll be able to match it to it's partener hose & original parent vehicle model.

Nice one cheers western never even noticed that I'll have a look.

They look like standard V8 Disco or RRC pipes. The long straight section (one of yours is slightly bent) on each runs along the inside of the front cross member with the pipe without any fittings going to the reservoir (mounted on the LHS next to the radiator) and the other going to the power steering pump. The reservoir has another pipe that goes to the power steering pump.

The one Im trying to id is the one that goes from box to reservoir. Maybe it's a mishmash, it's all been on and running till the threads on the pipe stripped, hopefully the box threads are usable!

You need to take a close up photo of the steering box end of the pipe. There are two different thread types (imperial and metric) and determining which you have will be necessary to determine the part number if you can't find/read the yellow tag.

They are easy enough to tell apart from the shape (the metric fittings use an O ring and a flat seal, the imperial ones use an olive style fitting.

Most 4 bolt boxes are metric BUT not all, there was a changeover period where they used the 4 bolt box with the earlier imperial 3 bolt pipework, even the bolts through the chassis were imperial. Having said that I've never known anyone manage to strip the threads... maybe you have an imperial 4 bolt and a metric pipe ?

Ah it's ntc7952, which a quick google came up with a thread from here a whole back, which points to ntc3086, but that's no use to me as I need the threaded end. Nothing's ever blooming simple is it! :) Think I'll just get the hoses to mount the reservoir on the drivers side as there's more room there anyway, so next question wich defenders have the reservoir on the drivers side?

Cheers for the he.p guys

You need to take a close up photo of the steering box end of the pipe. There are two different thread types (imperial and metric) and determining which you have will be necessary to determine the part number if you can't find/read the yellow tag.They are easy enough to tell apart from the shape (the metric fittings use an O ring and a flat seal, the imperial ones use an olive style fitting.Most 4 bolt boxes are metric BUT not all, there was a changeover period where they used the 4 bolt box with the earlier imperial 3 bolt pipework, even the bolts through the chassis were imperial. Having said that I've never known anyone manage to strip the threads... maybe you have an imperial 4 bolt and a metric pipe ?

Typically the pipe I stripped was one that had been in, I had only took it out to get room to get a spanner in for the new pump to box pipe. I'll check the ends...

I see you've found this thread http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=75686

my 110 1989 upto 200tdi have the PAS tank on driber side of engine bay, using bracket item 3 in http://www.numcat.ru/landrover/p/31/53708/

Yep I have bolt holes in the wing for that bracket but it's obsolete now, I've put a wanted ad up for one so fingers crossed

I have an early 110 reservoir here from the drivers side with short pipe to PAS box, albeit a 6 bolt type. Not sure if that is any good to you?

Does it have the bracket mate? If so yes please

Ok just checked again and both old pipes have o rings. So that's a bit of good news. Out of interest did any other threads change along the way?

Not with the 4 bolt box, no. I think that even the Disco 2 box used the same fittings.

Ooops, rushing about in the dark I looked at the wrong hose, the hose that's bust is actually Ntc8882, there's even less info on that on google!

Brit-car have that listed http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=165171

found this kit including tank/bracket/cap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-POWER-STEERING-RESERVOIR-KIT-TO-REPLACE-METAL-CAN-TYPE-/370554577081?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5646c620b9

I've decided to get some different hoses and mount the reservoir on passenger side, so won't need the original pipe now, 40 odd quid seemed a bit much :)

That reservoir is the newer style not the older plastic type, where does that newer style bolt on to?