arctic heater

Pat

the heater box itself would fit but i was thinking of how to plumb it in as i think there was an "extra" water feed via an extra pipe on the thermostat housing on a series three but not sure if such an item exists for a 200 tdi. How is a defender winterised?

the heater box itself would fit but i was thinking of how to plumb it in as i think there was an "extra" water feed via an extra pipe on the thermostat housing on a series three but not sure if such an item exists for a 200 tdi. How is a defender winterised?

The winterised 90/110 artic heaters get there water supply from the water pipes that supply the standard heater.

How cold are you dealing with; at -30C here things were warm in the front (csw) after about 20 minutes; the main issue isn't getting heat it's having enough heat in the cooling system to warm things up. Mounting a house-current heater in the back (somewhere safe, with a cage) to pre-heat things along with a tank heater on the cooling lines to pre-heat the coolant seems to be the most effective method. If I was building from scratch I'd also put a heat exchanger into the main fuel tank as well; then the coolant heater could also prevent fuel gelling.

diagrams in the links in my reply above