Defenderbits acoustic rear load matting...

=jon=

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the Defenderbits acoustic rear load matting, as per:

http://shop.defenderbits.co.uk/defender-load-area-acoustic-matting-system------auto-404-1177-p.asp

It looks like a reasonably decent solution for tidying the back of my 90 up, and reducing the road noise a bit, and for a 'reasonable' price - but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of what the quality is like, and how effective it is...

Cheers

Jon

It's effective, but you can do it cheaper by buying items yourself off eBay. This would give you enough to do areas like sides etc if you wanted to do this. It's 3mm diamond chequer rubber matting and 6mm closed cell foam self adhesive. Cheapest place I found for HD Velcro black rolls was surprisingly Halfords....

5f7768e550739342f4edf588bdf94442.jpg

I'd had a look at doing it with stable matting etc, but knowing me I'd make a half assed job of it, hence looking at something off the shelf! :)

It's not difficult, just need a good straight edge and a sharp knife. I glued mine down with good old fashioned evostick. By doing it yourself (I bought a 10m x 1m roll) you end up with enough left over so when the stuff you put down gets worn...

Go for for it, honest you'll save a fortune and probably end up with a better fit than an off the shelf buy.