1995 110 bad vibration

hi iam experiencing a lot of vibration at 50 mph and above . put landy into local garage today and they checked propshaft couplings, all transmission oil levels ,halfshafts, wheel balance and engine /gearbox mountings.they suggest could be faulty cv joint or chipped gear cog in gearbox or transfer box does this sound plausible? they did repair broken off rear exhaust mounting and vehicle is slightly better.

Your local garage seemwide of the mark - do a search on the forum for vibration, and you should find lots of info that will help, there are many joints, bushes and bearings that can wear and cause vibration, thankfully mostly cheap and easy to rectify.

I would also say UJ's, it does not take much ware to cause vibration. I would be very surprised is it was your box.

If your wheels and tires are the same as they always have been I can not see it being that unless they have thrown a balance weight from one of the wheels. You could get another garage to balance the wheels just to rule that out. Could be wheel bearing also.

As the others, I would first suspect a prop shaft issue at that road speed - 50-60mph is the classic prop shaft resonance range. If you have raised or HD suspension, then I would put (a small amount of) money on it being prop UJs ; any increase in ride height messes about with UJ deflection angles and increases vibration and wear.