110 front sill door seals

hey all,

Im searching for new front door sill seals (genuine LR). For my 1998 300tdi 110, im coming up with part# ALR6250. Which I have found for approx 6 pound genuine. The same shop has MWC6130 listed for approx 20 pound genuine. Is there any difference?

I need the original ones that fix to the body. My doors are rusted. I will be replacing the doors and going to try the latest Tdic (puma) door sill seals, CFE500670, on these new doors. But for now I need the original.

cheers

Serg

The CFE500670 ones, which are for vehicles from VIN 5A696477 (2005 sometime) onwards, will fit earlier vehicles. Just a case of drilling some holes in the bottom of the door and riveting them on. They might even be a straight swap for the 300Tdi version (ALR6250). They moved the seal from the sill to the door because the ones on the sills get mullered by shoes etc.

Recent Tdci vehicles (2011MY I think) have introduced an additional seal at the bottom of the door, or a newer design. That is part number LR029309. They can be retro-fitted to earlier vehicles as well too, just a few additional holes to drill or the like.

See info on them here: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic6370.html

Thanks for that info.

Im now confident in the LRO29309 part number being for the latest, upgraded sill seal that mounts to the bottom of the door on the latest Tdci 2.2 defenders. But Im still a little confused as to what is original fittment to my 1998 300Tdi 110 C/Chassis. I can tell you that it definitely has them fitted to the body and not the door, and I can also tell you my VIN ends in WA147###. According to the LR parts catalogue that is a sticky in this sub forum (110 1987 onwards) it shows:

MWC6130 for upto VIN LA933876

ALR6250 for VIN LA933877 onwards

is there an actual physical difference in these 2 seals? or did LR just stop fixing it to the body and then fix it to the door? I need to know ASAP as I have placed and order through a UK shop and got them to order the wrong types (by the looks of this thread). The seals are going to take a week to get in stock so hopefully I can correct it today.

cheers

Serg

Yes there is a difference between the types. The earlier one is a tubular type seal with a tail that you rivet to the sill member, sort of a 'P' section. The later one is a sort of 'r' section that rivets to the underside of the bottom of the door frame. Latest Tdci ones are different again, see that thread I linked for photos.

Do a Google image search for the part numbers and you will see the differences

They're all quite interchangeable if you're willing to drill some holes. If yours currently has the earliest type, fitted to the sill member, then the easiest way is going to be to get those. Unfortunately they're not available Genuine so you can only get aftermarket parts.

300tdi Defenders had the lower seals on the door bottom, the sill seals were changed to door bottom when 300tdi came on the market

you either need the stating ALR part numbers or the latest variant starting LR numbers

Dont know what to tell you Western, other than good old LR are at it again. My 1998 300Tdi 110, and mind you that is the last of the 300Tdi, not the first, has the sill seal rivited to the sill member NOT the door. This truck is original in this area.

I have already placed an order with Shop4Autoparts and they sourced genuine LR seals for the door frames. Current LRO24954, LRO24955 as these were what LR gave them to superseed my part#s ALR4936, ALR4937. lower sill seal both older ALR6250 and the latest as confirmed by part# LRO29309 which they say superseeds CFE500670. Problem is ALR6250 will be no good for my rusty doors. I will have to source MWC6130 from somewhere, which means two lots of shipping grrrrr.