Another what's it worth....

Happyoldgit

My ex RAF Locomotors bodied crash rescue 127/130 ambulance now converted into a camper and registered as such on the V5.

Rather than list everything that it has for a flavour take a look at the part 1 & 2 videos posted here and here.

The vehicle is MoT'd to August 2006. Has around 40,000 on the clock, original 3.5 V8 and a plate indicates it was fitted with a replacement LT-85 box whilst in service in '97 (IIRC). Has a Rimmer stainless exhaust system, new rear brakes, master cylinder, fully Waxoyled - overall in VGC. Supringly quick on the road.

I'm not sure about selling yet but the vehicle is spending more time unused than I would like. Rooftent & private plate probably not included.

Any ballpark figures appreciated as I really don't have a clue what to ask should I decide to let it go.

What year is it

looks nice

I don't have a clue what its worth either but want another camper which is stronger than my last one and 4x4 would be a masive bonus as it can tow the race and trailer in and out of feilds no trouble.

is it gas, carb

Like I say I'm looking for pricing estimates as I'm not 100% of selling.

To answer your questions though it's a 1990 but these RAF ambis spent most of their time on standby in garages so are not really comparable to vaverage ehicles of a similar age. Carb, lump not gassed yet but there's one tank in place with both liquid and vapour takeoff (latter feeds cooker) which I planned to add more tanks to. No towbar either (another roundtoit) but several folks have made up custom bars - the rear x member is a fair way in front of the rear body overhang :)

It's a difficult thing to put a price on something like this. I suppose the best guess would be look at what a similar standard 130 ambi would cost and then add on couple of grand for the camper conversion even though I guess you'll have more time/money invested in it than that.

If I hadn't just bought something I might have been tempted myself, maybe still could be ;) Although I really want a bit more space the 4x4 ability is nice.

I am tempted but I don't know what your expecting to sell it for in relation to what I would expect to pay for it..

even though you are very much in two minds

we sold our 23ft camper and do regrated it hence why I am looking for somthing else as a stop gap.

Also its not realy big enough for me the wife and the two dogs.

and we need somthing with a showera and loo

I am tempted but I don't know what your expecting to sell it for in relation to what I would expect to pay for it..

even though you are very much in two minds

we sold our 23ft camper and do regrated it hence why I am looking for somthing else as a stop gap.

Also its not realy big enough for me the wife and the two dogs.

and we need somthing with a showera and loo

I remember your post/s about your camper.

I know what unconverted examples change hands for privately and what they fetch at Withams etc., obviously I'm asking here to see what kind of money folks think it's worth to give me some idea what to ask for it should I decide to sell.

It's got a porta potty thing an a cupboard but not a shower as I'm not keen water splashing around on the inside of a this kind of vehicle and showers from onboard tanks sometimes result in water wastage :)

The rear interior dimensions are:

Length from bulkhead to backdoor 261cm

Width Wall to wall 177cm

Interior height from floor to roof 160cm

(I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy here as I've just found these figures on my hard drive and not actually measured the interior recently).

No, 40ft Hymer flimsy it ain't but that's not what it is attempting to be anyway ;)

I remember your post/s about your camper.

I know what unconverted examples change hands for privately and what they fetch at Withams etc., obviously I'm asking here to see what kind of money folks think it's worth to give me some idea what to ask for it should I decide to sell.

It's got a porta potty thing an a cupboard but not a shower as I'm not keen water splashing around on the inside of a this kind of vehicle and showers from onboard tanks sometimes result in water wastage :)

The rear interior dimensions are:

Length from bulkhead to backdoor 261cm

Width Wall to wall 177cm

Interior height from floor to roof 160cm

(I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy here as I've just found these figures on my hard drive and not actually measured the interior recently).

No, 40ft Hymer flimsy it ain't but that's not what it is attempting to be anyway ;)

I do Like the whole thinking behind it I think its grate.

SHMBO will be the one if she likes it.

I would in reality likt one of the proper camper stile ones which is a LR cab made 300mm wider then a body on the rear but there mega money I would expect.