300tdi brake pipe unions & pipe query?

Stevie D

late 95 /96 MY 300tdi disco.

I'm replumbing all the hydraulics (well everything under the truck from the master cyl / bias valve back)after a mild resto.

As the title says - are these more likely to be Metric as I assume or a mix? I know I've defender front calipers - the vented sort so think these are m10 x 1 - I've got a pair of the factory pipes for these, think the new ggodridge flexis are metric what about the back calipers or is it just suck it and see as I'm making up pipes checking as I go along? Suppose I should buy a mix of 3/16" unions both metric m10 x 1 & unf.

What about pipe - copper or kunifer, whta lasts best on a general purpose truck - with a bit of off roading and road work towing trailers about etc. I find the copper very soft - but has the advantage of being easily shaped and bent / malipulated into position.

Many thanks, Steve

They should all be metric by then.

Standard brake pipe from your local motor factors will do fine, it's not 'copper', but a copper-nickel alloy, which is what I think Kunifer is. both should outlast your truck as they aren't steel!