Powder coating v's Painting

Simon_CSK

I have my galvanized chassis for my Disco on the driveway and am starting to put it back together. I was going to get the radius arms and other bits powder coated but a trusted friend said that on old metal it would peel off.

It would certainly speed things up but was wondering of others experiences of powder coating old components .

I had some shot blasted and powder coated many years ago and they seemed to last pretty well. Until the undersides got scratched then it came off quite quickly.

I also had a pair electroplated silver at about the same time these are still nearly all silver.

I'd be tempted to have them blasted then galvanized, they'd match the chassis then.

fs for painting chasis parts and all that's close to ground i made it lake that:

asid primer layer.

anti-corrosion primer

acrylic primer

finishin layer

that's the best combination i've reached to resist all that salt and chemicals that are on road.

Overnight I swithered back to Powder coating and now I think that paint is possibly the way forward. Particularly after Zoltans wise words.

Vedrover agree in part with what you are saying but the parts for painting are really only to make it look good as I build the chassis back up radius arms tank straps and axles all perform adequately while covered in surface rust.Besides we do not get the same extremes as you get in Russia.