ladder frame 200Tdi

Nigelw

What is the purpose of the ladder frame above the sump an a 200Tdi and where can I get a new sump and lader frame gasket from?

Bit leaky under there but I can find a sump gasket but not the one for the ladder frame thing, is there a gasket or just RTV?

Lost myHaynes and feel a little bit screwed without it!!! Mechanics bible!!!

it was to increase the block strength & there isn't any gaskets you need STC611 hylomar 2000 sealant for the ladder frame to block joint & ladder frame to sump joint.

300tdi block is totally different design & doesn't have a seperate ladder frame.

the gasket you've seen is for the older n/a & TD diesel engines.

Having rebuilt my 200tdi 6 months or so ago, i have just used a nice, thick run of black silicone. I used one of the loctite products and the sump and ladder frame are both bone dry.

As said, the ladder frame is there to give the block additional strength, the 200 block is very very similar to the 2.5 na and TD blocks used in the 90/110/130 from way back when.

Perfect gents, Yeah you're right Ralph, the gasket set was for a TD 2.5, managed to find it's way in to my search results, better buy me a few new tubes and find as many and more of the gaskets and seals to try and stop this thing leaking more oil than it drinks diesel.