disco 1 central locking

davyd8899

My newly aquired 300 has no remote for the central locking, no problem i thought, i can just lock it on the key, however some bright spark changed the door locks and guess what? yup they lost the key for them, hense no way to lock it!!

rather than going though changing all the door locks again, i thought i would just get a new remote, but am not completly sure how to program them to the vehicle, is there a code somewhere, or can an LR dealer find the correct 1 though the reg number??

any thoughts and ideas greatly appritiated ;););)

Depends on the age. 1995 model vehicles (vin number ending in MAxxxxxx) have a one-button alarm which programs with some sequence of opening bonnet, doors, switching the ignition on and off and dancing on one foot. 1996 onwards (vin number ending in TAxxxxxx) have the two-button alarm fob which needs the computer to make it work. However if you have one of these, the engine normally won't start without the fob (passive immobilisation) so I suspect you have a 95.

yup your right its a 95 with the vin ending in MAxxxxxxx, so does this mean i can go and buy a 1 button fob and after opening and closing doors, playing with the ignition, opening the bonnet, dancing on 1 foot, walking on my hands and getting my daughter (who loves the disco as it towes her pony everywhere) to dance a jig on the toof bars, that i can get the 1 button fob to work???