A couple of 3.9 questions

Hi

1. Whats the thread size in the block for manifold studs ?

2. Im going to use a swirlpot in the fuelline and then I will need a fuel pump. Which should I choose for the above engine in a challenge truck thats destined for MS in the future. And what kind of psi ?

Thats all at the moment ;-)

Morten

If you're buying studs you can get them with 3/8" UNC one end and 3/8" UNF the other, with brass bolts. I think Minispares sell them, or possibly Namrick. Saves the threads in the head from damage / cross threading when fighting with exhaust manifolds.

Walbro 255 is fine, as is just about any fuel pump from a fuel-injected petrol car of similar BHP. Almost all petrol fuel injection systems run at 45-55psi, which is regulated by the fuel pressure regulator not the pump - the pumps can hit 100psi if you clamp the return hose off!

It's worth putting a restriction in the return line from the swirl-pot so you have some small pressure feeding the high-pressure pump - a small inline filter does two jobs at once there.

Thank very mucho.

The thread size for the studs, wasnt for new studs, but because I've left the remains of one stud in the block :-(.

But as I'm at it, then it sounds like a brill. idea to change the lot for a better version.

Morten