110 CSW Sill Channel

Good morning all,

I am after some collective help,

Being new to this forum I fully expect some ribbing for not searching, however i have searched for as many variations of sill, channel and csw as i can think of to find an answer.

Awaiting the reply of one simple link.

But without further beating about the bush.

As is the way with 110 CSW's my sill Channel which holds the B post and C post running from bulkead to the tub needs replacing, one side needs a chunk of the C post sorting too. and B posts are looking tatty!

I am soon to buy a welder and will be learning as i go, so welding skill is rubish at the moment.

Is there a nice CHEAP solution for replacing these?

I have seen them complete per side for Approx 350 before tax and posting. :o

Or via YRM i can get the bits to fix together links to the parts below

Link to sill Channel

Link to B Post

Link to C Post

Are these even the correct parts?

Currently working in the desert so can not eyeball and check.

the total for one each per side is 281, cheaper! but is there a way sheaper still?

I await the obvious answers that will have me slapping my head with the inevitable 'why did i not think of that?' feeling.

Thank you in advance.

those YRM items are correct for all Long wheelvase 109 & 110 station wagons, or replace the lower channel with suitable box or U section steel, the B & C post can be unattached & rewelded to the new channels, they are only secured with spotwelds.

Thank you for the rapid reply.

Pardon the possible silly question,

But can they be riveted on? (the B and C)

Does it have to be welded?

Just thinking that i can pop rivet, Can not yet weld!

Does a rivet not have the same contact area as a spot weld! :unsure:

I ended up refabricating mine for the same reason, it was £250+ per side and all the bits were on indefinite back-order (even those that didn't mention it until you placed the order).

It was a bit of a fiddle but good welding practice. Re-made the sills as 1" box, bottom of B & C pillars from 1mm zintec, added legs/tabs to the sills for the B&C's so it became a bolt-together affair. I may have pics somewhere...

Fantastic!

thank you!

you mentioned box or u section, dont suppose you know what measurements off hand?

I used rectangular box section, 50mm x 38mm x 3mm wall end brackets of the old channel were reused on the new box section, bolt holes & screw threads for floor plates drilled/cut into the box section. nice & strong & will last for years.

Ive got an unused set of YRM galvanised sills left over if you are interested.

They have been primed and painted black.

Was in the process of replacing them on my last 110 but it was stolen before I got the chance.

Also have the under body cross member and a rear body outrigger if you need them.

Not needed for the replacement vehicle.

Gordon

@FridgeFreezer, if you could dig the photo's out that would be great,

@western thank you for your knowledge. dont suppose you would knock up a spare set? lol

thank you guys.

Not able to, Sorry, a friend bought the box sections & did the welding for me, I just did the remove & fitting/painting,