rear radius arm to chassis bushes, new ones are slack?

Just put in new rear radius arm bushes in my 72 Rangie, orderd from a landrover place, but they are aftermarket bushes. I've only done about 100 miles of normal road driving and already they are sloppy, anyone else had bad bushes before? I understand they changed the design of these to bigger ones in 1985.

rt-underneath8m.jpg

The fact that it's a pattern part makes me suspicious, but there could well be dimensional differences between the early and late bushes. What sort of play is it suffering? Thrust movement, radial, movement of the bush in the chassis?

• 3 weeks later...

There is fore-aft slack. causes some axle movement on accel/overrun. I might fit some large washers to pad them out a bit , can't think what else to do really other than find some genuine ones. The 85 onwards ones are not interchangeable, the bushes and chassis holes are bigger I believe.

• 2 weeks later...