Battery rattle gun

Les Brock

I'm after one to bung in the hybrid

Don't really want to get a Dewalt (nice though they are :D ) for that job

so performance wise, these are all important

Max Torque

Voltage

AH of the batteries because one is never enough ;)

Start at £35 upwards..in a get what you pay for market...any reccomendations for me to spend my dosh on ?

Ta :)

I got one of the cheap ones from Nortern Tools when they where on offer, about £60. Comes with two batteries and does a good job, 24V though so I can't run it off my battery. Plenty of torque (when batteries as full or near full) to undo diff pinion nuts etc. Mate got one also and sent it back as it was sh!t and wouldn't hold any charge. Luck of the draw with cheap stuff with poor quality control I guess.

But in your situation I would be looking at a air one, your OBA should be man enough for the job.

This is the one I got.

Yep, I have got air on there, and it will run most things, but not the rattle gun.......

that said my rattle gun, on the compressor at home with 13 CFM and 15mm pipe won't undo the nuts on on the Hybrid........so that might be the problem :blink:

I used a Sanden pump on Pig (160psi approx 10cfm), into a disposible party balloon tank (13ltrs and light as a crisp packet) as a reservoir and it was plenty powerfull for the windy gun - even used to reseat beads happily - as long as the piping to the gun from the reservoir is up to it you shouldn't have a prob, is your gun tired Les or just suffering from tight nut syndrome? :o

I used a Sanden pump on Pig (160psi approx 10cfm), into a disposible party balloon tank (13ltrs and light as a crisp packet) as a reservoir and it was plenty powerfull for the windy gun - even used to reseat beads happily - as long as the piping to the gun from the reservoir is up to it you shouldn't have a prob, is your gun tired Les or just suffering from tight nut syndrome? :o

Jez do you have a pic of this set up..

( I understand pics better than words)

ideas for the tomcat :)

F11%205.JPG

Thats the tank Jules, the circular bit on the tank is a blow-off disc (all the disposible party balloon tanks have them) so you know it wont go mental on you. the pump was an Endless air converted Sanden from WVA holdings (sits where the aircon pump normally does). The black box with the red switch is the on/off for the pressure switch, the system runs two regulators - one for the airline and one for the ARBs

was hunting for that pic and I found this one

F12%2022.JPG

eee...... takes me back :(