V5 troubles

stobbie

Hi, I'm new here and I have a few problems...

I've bought a Land Rover 110 Station Wagon V8 1983 in the UK and took it to the Netherlands.

The former owner has taken out the V8 and replaced it with a reconditioned 2.5 TD engine.

To get a Dutch registration and number plates I have to go to the RDW (Dutch DVLA) with the car and the V5 documents. The RDW will not register it in the Netherlands now because the V5 says it's a petrol but the car is a diesel..... :( According to the RDW the only way to get it registered is to convert it back to petrol V8 again and that's not what I want.

So now the only way I can think of to get it registered is to buy a wrecked 110 diesel and use it's V5 on my car. It will just become very expensive that way as I only need the V5 and possibly the part of the chassis with the VIN (or I just put it in myself) and the VIN-ID plate.

I asume in the UK there are lot of people who are about to break their old 110 Stawag diesel from a very early year (82, 83, 84) but how can I find them? Should I just email a breaker, or do you think they won't sell me just a V5?

Any input appreciated!

110bos600.jpg

Thanks, Paul

doesn't the car have to get back to the uk for that, the dvla won't have a look at the conversion? And when I bought the car, the middle right slip of the V5 was sent away, so the DVLA nows it's permantly exported, can the V5 still be changed after it is marked as exported?

Guest diesel_jim

doesn't the car have to get back to the uk for that, the dvla won't have a look at the conversion? [/quotet]

I sent the V5 off last month on my old 90 changed from V8 petrol to 2500 diesel. it took about 2 weeks, no question, no hassle, nothing.

So now the only way I can think of to get it registered is to buy a wrecked 110 diesel and use it's V5 on my car. It will just become very expensive that way as I only need the V5 and possibly the part of the chassis with the VIN (or I just put it in myself) and the VIN-ID plate.

Any input appreciated!

Ummm... hate to point out the obvious, but changing the id on a vehicle in that way is called "ringing" - and is illegal. :ph34r:

Matt