Fitted ebay reversing sensors

I thought that others might find this interesting since I spent about half a day musing over where to position my sensors.

I have just fitted some cheap ebay reversing sensors to my Freelander 2. They only cost £11.80 inc postage and work fine and take their power from a reversing light. The problem is how to position them since there is steel bumper behind most of the silver painted area in the picture. I decided to put them as shown in the image. They seem to work OK but If I was doing it again I would move the two outer ones further out slightly so that they are looking slightly sideways and probably put them all on the lower bumper (and buy black ones).

post-5249-0-92021700-1374395146_thumb.jpg

For a start I had already bought silver ones and didn't know where the genuine ones were fitted, I fitted the outer two thinking that I might get away with just two but found that there was a dead zone in the centre so had to position the others lower due to the presence of the internal bumper. OK, I screwed up and hindsight is a wonderful thing, I asked for advice on this forum a few weeks ago on this topic - pity you didn't come forward then. Anyway I can always spray the centre ones black but on a base model Freelander it's not going to make much difference to it's value. :unsure:

Tbh mate its just my opinion. I wouldnt say youve screwed up as you havnt botched the bumper up! I would tho spray the 2 silver ones matt black. Did you spray them silver? As they are a good colour match. Oh and base spec Land Rovers are alway voted best buy by which car magazine if buying new as it has the standard kit without playing a silly amount for added luxuries. The Disco 4 GS was voted best buy just a few weeks back, so dont go around under selling your car! All your really missing looks wise it the bigger rims and fog lights. Not much tbh. Interior wise all you need is leather.... then again you dont need any of these as the are just extra luxuries

Rattle can of satin black, job will be spot on.

I put a 70 quid set with display etc on my firms Hilux and they were spot on till the ATS van shoved them a foot closer to the front. The repair place wouldn't fit eBay specials so fitted genuine Toyota parts..... they might as well not be fitted. Now your post has reminded me I'll get another set from eBay.

You've convinced me! I've ordered a set and look forward to fitting them. The eBay shop says they're UK stock, but the description reads like a China-based outfit to me. Mind you, I've bought a lot of stuff from China and it's all been perfectly OK, so I'm not worried.