dual mass flywheel replacement!

Right fellas, my dmf has collapsed and so wonder where is the best place to get a solid billet flywheel from? I know britpart/paddocks do one, but I'm not sure I would trust it. Rakeway do full kits, but show no prices. Are there any others?

Are their many people who have done this conversion?

Comments please!

Have you tried SDL minorfern motor factors? There is a branch at clay cross.

They do a range of solid flywheels and clutches branded as tekmark? I don't know if their range covers the td5, but we've fitted fitted about 60 of their kits to other vehicles without any issues.

Ah interesting, ill nip down on monday and inquire! They're only over the hill from here!

Dan, have you had any problems when converting to solid flywheel, I've heard reports of crank bearing failures, however not on a land rover.

The first generation of valeo smf kits had a reputation for snapping the crank in transits, but I've never seen this first hand.

I'd say that as long as they're a similar weight and are properly balanced the engine will not know the difference, I do think they place the gearbox under quite a lot more strain though.

I have had a techmark smf and clutch in my vw Sharan for about 4k, and it really make me notice how much the dmf was doing I get a lot more gear noise and judder if I'm too low in the rpm for the gear i'm in.

Obviously caution still applies but I have 3 Britpart hd clutchs in tdis and have done over 20k on them without issue ( touch wood ) if it makes you feel any better towards them.

I would happily fit another when it came to it.

I can't speak for the flywheel but if their is a reasonable cost saving id give them a go.

Will.