Ibex Suspension Set Up

Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out the ride height of the Ibex at the moment. Build is nearly complete so far as the main assembly goes, so the weight is close to where it will be when I put him on the road to start with. At present there is no coolant, engine oil or fuel so 15kg light on front axle and a max of 45kg light on the off side.

The Ibex is sitting on the original 1988 90 springs, couple of pics showing how she sits at the moment.

I've taken the following dimensions.

Front right Blue Green

Compressed Spring length 275mm

Gap to bump stop 103mm

Front left Blue Yellow

Compressed spring length 274mm

Gap to bump stop 94mm

Rear right Blue Red

Compressed Spring length 307mm

Gap to bump stop 110mm

Rear left Yellow White

Compressed Spring length 305mm

Gap to bump stop 110mm

I know he's sitting on some tall tyres but seats seem a good couple of inches higher than I remember the old 90 being.

So I'm looking for advice on how high you think the truck is compared to std I'm guessing 35-40mm based on a 110 I measured.

So which way would you go with springs to reduce the height. Had a look at Red 90's spring page - RR std look like they reduce ride slighty but the off side ends up sitting slightly low which will only get worse with fuel and driver.

Any advice much appreciated.

Rob

post-7874-0-00209000-1381017928_thumb.jpg

post-7874-0-45712900-1381017949_thumb.jpg

As TSD pointed out to me take into account you have no overhang front or rear so you will need softer springs than the equivalent 90. Also if I remember correctly foers put the suspension mounts on the chassis in a lower position than standard for a lift with standard spring. Failing that give David foers a ring he's very helpful and built more than anyone else.

Mike