Defender 110 SW conversion to utility wagon type spec.

Hi All

in the nearish future I'll be fitting 88" side panels to my 110SW to create a utility type look, thats all fine everything has been covered before, however what I cant seem to find is what doing this means to the interior trim and 2nd row seatbelts?

ie what parts I need to be able to fit the second row seatbelts back on (parts off the 110 sides? or series type seatbelt mounts?)

and also can I then refit the 110s original side trim panels in the back albeit with a bit of trimming to go around the horizontal reinforcements in the 88" sides? and obviously then just board/carpet in the recess where the window would have been.

Thanks

Ben

Cool thanks Ralph, so its possible to end up with it looking the same internally just without the window by the sounds of it? Are the seat belt brackets a bolt on item then on a Defender like they were on the series vehicles? (was having trouble working it out from parts diagrams etc)

Thanks

Ben

Seat belt brackets are probably rivet in. The top welded nut will be there on the series piece I think but you may have to add the lower reel mounting.

As for the trims, just do as Land Rover do on the modern USWs. Trim the surrounds where the strenghtening ribs are, which as you say are horizontal on a Series piece. I copied this look in my 90 and it gives a nice tidy look:

post-10578-0-31229700-1382562205_thumb.jpg

Cool thanks Ralph, so its possible to end up with it looking the same internally just without the window by the sounds of it? Are the seat belt brackets a bolt on item then on a Defender like they were on the series vehicles? (was having trouble working it out from parts diagrams etc)

Thanks

Ben

page 1034 in http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/parts_books/110/10_trim_seats_stowage_accessories_p910-1075.pdf shows the upper mounting for the outer rear seats belt reel fiting, your 110 should already have these fitted, they should be easy enough to swap to the 'new' solid upper side panels.