Bfg Admits Their Tyres Can't Take Low Pressures

JimAttrill

265/75R16 are 32" approx, 255/85R16 are 33" approx

I personally don't like a standard Tdi on anything bigger than 32" for regular use on the road as it feels too dead and unresponsive IMHO, I gave up running the 33x12.50R15s as everyday tyres several years ago partly for this reason and partly because they don't do anything for the steering feel! A fiddle with the fuel pump livens things up but then it livens them up even more on smaller tyres B)

My 265s rub "somewhere" on the 90 on full articulation but only just and certainly no damage so there shouldn't be any problem on a 110, the only drawback I can see is the reduction in turning circle - but if that is an issue then you could put either size on offset rims like white 8 spokes which will give a better turning circle than std. I used to have 31x11.50R15s on white 8 spokes on my old 90 at one point and the steering stops had been adjusted by the previous owner to give better lock, they didn't rub at all and it was noticably tighter turning, because of the offset rims (they were 8x15 Mangels IIRC)

Thanks for your input.

I'm sure 265's couldn't make the turning circle any worse than the S3 LWB I used to own so I should be able to cope.

Just been looking at the BFG tyre spec chart on SOR website. Seems to me there is a niche for a new tyre size that fills a gap between the 265 and 255,

something with a diameter of 826mm and a tread width of 198mm.

Jon.

Well I for one wont be buying BF Goodrich tyres again. For many years I used the Track Edge tyres on my Range Rover & Defender and found they were excellent on & off road. The trouble is that after a while the damn things start to crack up on the sidewalls, usually next to the wheel rim. Also had the same problem with the AT's fitted to my Discovery. The tyres and wheels were all reasonably standard sizes (ie: not oversize) and always run at LR recomended pressures. The last set of Track Edges I had were returned to the manufacturers who admitted there was a fualt and reimbursed me (this was just before they stopped selling them). I have no complaints re the customer service but I wont trust thier tyres again.

Cheers

Log