Advice needed - V8/Auto

Hello everyone - first post. I have had a built (old) 90V8 in the past. I've been offered a nice late 90XS for a decent price, but of course, it isn't a V8. So I really need advice. If I buy the 90XS, how much would it cost to, first of all get hold of a V8 and auto box, and secondly have it fitted? Has anyone got any ideas of the complete costing, even roughly? I know there are broken Discos with V8s and auto boxes, but I hear of other V8/auto conversions. The 90XS is too good to pass at the price, but having had a V8 I would have to have another (the noise). I guess I'd need a different exhaust system made up too. I would need a decent garage somewhere in the South (I'm in North Hampshire) to fit everything for me, as all I know is plumbing. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Can't advise of anywhere to do the work, but you will prob pick up a v8 and box for anywhere between 250-500 of the bay, prob best to get an old scrapper disco so you have most bits, then for someone else to fit you prob looking at another 500-1000

Thanks for the replies. Yesterday I came across a website by a company called RPi. I guess you all know about them, but it's all new to me. I also guess some buy their engines when doing this type of build. They haven't replied to my email though. Sorry for my ignorance, but does 'hotwire' mean fuel injected? So if I buy a Disco with a 3.9, is that 'Serp' or is that a 'GEMS'. Like I said, sorry for my ignorance - if I have displayed it for all to see!

Ideally I'm looking for some small garage to take it all on - sourcing and implanting. I know I'll pay more, but as a plumber I know that the customer gets a better job with the right stuff if they just leave me to it. Customers buying something from B&Q then asking you to fit it is looked down upon from a great height - not because they have taken your mark-up away, but because they have probably bought a cheap/wrong one. I need a garage that I can trust from recommendation, even if I have to pay over the odds for it.

Thanks for the replies. Yesterday I came across a website by a company called RPi. I guess you all know about them, but it's all new to me. I also guess some buy their engines when doing this type of build. They haven't replied to my email though. Sorry for my ignorance, but does 'hotwire' mean fuel injected? So if I buy a Disco with a 3.9, is that 'Serp' or is that a 'GEMS'. Like I said, sorry for my ignorance - if I have displayed it for all to see!

Ideally I'm looking for some small garage to take it all on - sourcing and implanting. I know I'll pay more, but as a plumber I know that the customer gets a better job with the right stuff if they just leave me to it. Customers buying something from B&Q then asking you to fit it is looked down upon from a great height - not because they have taken your mark-up away, but because they have probably bought a cheap/wrong one. I need a garage that I can trust from recommendation, even if I have to pay over the odds for it.

Serp means serpentine front fan belt , the hotwire refers to the airflow meter, it is the type fitted between the flapper type with fuel injection and the Gems or Thor . Its about 8 wires to fit . and you need rad, hp fuel pump etc . As suggested buying a suitable rusty disco is probably best parts supply method , and you will end up paying over the odds if its going to be a decent job . I would suggest that a budget of at least £2.5k will be a more realistic guess. Its all the odds and ends that add up , and also eat up the fitting time .

Thanks, tacr2man. Rusty Disco it is then. The XS has a fairly low mileage TCDi in it, so I should get some fairly decent money for the engine and gearbox. Anyone here recommend a decent garage that would take the job on?