Unbelievable!!

Nigelw

I am obviously wrong about this and it is the best thing to have ever happened to the guy and the truck.

I'm sure you know really that no one is saying that ;-)

My truck has to be mine, built by me to have any attachment to it.

I just rebuilt my 90 - I could probably have bought a 3 year old 90 with what it cost me but that would never be of interest to me.

So had I won something put together by someone else it would have been just that.

Every week I pay my "tax on the innumerate" in the form of a lottery ticket.

I know that I won't win, I know that someone else will. I don't really care what they do with their winnings or their percentage of my two quid. I know if I did win I'd keep my old 90.... although I'd probably have a different daily driver as well :-)

I entered and I would have done the same.

I think it looks fugly! Terrible paint scheme and loads of stuff I don't want. I already have my Landy well on the way to how I want it so rather than take someone elses idea of the ideal landy and start again, why not sell it to fund completion of mine?

Rich

Ditto, would have sold it

When looking for my Defender i saw enough businesses that were doing a similar sort of thing - taking used vehicles and superficially rebuilding them. "we'll include a full service on this 200k vehicle" as if that matters when it could have been abused for so long :D

You realise that base vehicles that are standard are more desirable to build your own version upon, as you can see more of what you're getting, rather than fresh waxoyl over a muddy chassis!

If the competition was to win a brand new Defender then it'd be a different story

(i actually work with the guy that picks the winners for LRO, so my morality flickered for a moment after i entered...)