Unbelievable!!

Nigelw

The proud winner of the Sealey Defender from the competition in LRO is so grateful and happy with being so bleeding lucky he has decided to sell it :huh::huh::huh:

Most of us would give almost anything to win a prize like that and he is selling it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-LAND-ROVER-110-DEFENDER-TDI-GREY-3-DOOR-HARD-TOP-UNIQUE-/111217460229?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19e513c405

Never been a real lover of Defenders but come on, one in a million chance and he just sells it to get some cash in his pocket.

Or am I being over zealous again :unsure:

Why is it unbelievable?! If I'd entered the competition and won, I'd have done exactly the same thing. I have a 110 already and the money from the sale of a vehicle won would be spent on furthering a project that I have worked on for years.... I'd have no need of a ready completed project. Nothing strange or ungrateful about this sale.

Edit, forgot to add, that as an lro project, the competition vehicle is probably built with britpart rubbish, so selling it is probably a very wise decision!!

I follow the logic - though I don't enter competitions I wouldn't want to win and I suspect I'd feel a bit ungrateful selling it ....

I've met some people who almost professionally enter competitions: buying numerous cheap magazines and entering every competition they hold with bulk entries. They'd won a lot of things too and sold the vast majority.

If I remember rightly-the 110 won was being "refurbished" with shizerpart and personally I'm not surprised that he's getting rid of it because as we all know it'd be probably cheaper to get rid and start again with another vehicle than carry on and deal with the mess thats been put together as regards to the prize being given away

John

IMHO a lro refurbed "prize" LR is Going to have the absolute maximum bull**** and bravardo pr vd as little money spent as they can get away with

Prob if I won it (tricky as don't buy lro as its so carp ) lije others I world have had it on eBay before you could say britparts built....

If I remember rightly-the 110 won was being "refurbished" with shizerpart and personally I'm not surprised that he's getting rid of it because as we all know it'd be probably cheaper to get rid and start again with another vehicle than carry on and deal with the mess thats been put together as regards to the prize being given away

yep - you know if LRO have done it it's been done with whatever free junk they could blag from their advertisers. Also, there'll be some muppet who reads LRO who'll believe their hype and pay over the odds for it.

yep - you know if LRO have done it it's been done with whatever free junk they could blag from their advertisers. Also, there'll be some muppet who reads LRO who'll believe their hype and pay over the odds for it.

Couldn't agree more-just because it says refurbished doesn't mean it's going to be any good does it lol !!

John

I am obviously wrong about this and it is the best thing to have ever happened to the guy and the truck.

I think we all see things from a different perspective, this is what makes us individuals, but you all look at it from the cozy seat of having what you want already and anything else is a bonus and easy money.

I look at it from the point of view as I have almost nothing, just bare essentials to get me through life but skills enough to bring my own project back to life, I bought a project simply because I didn't have enough money to buy a runner, it could be argued that I should have saved harder but I managed to get my project for 1/3 the cost of a runner that within the next 2~3 yrs will see the same work need doing, nobody told me I had to buy a project but you do what you can afford to do.

I see it as unbelievable from a position where by a win like that would have given me a truck to get around in, a truck to go out and drive as opposed to spending months welding and wiring, and it could have well been the same for someone else too, it could have meant the end of worries come MOT time and fear of the next big parts bill essential to keep it on the road, but this guy didn't need it nor did he actually want it, his own words of describing it as "not practical" says he just wanted it for what it was worth.

Yes it may have been fitted with BP stuff but it does not have any rot and is a very clean motor with a lot of life left in it, unlike some sheds I have seen advertised that are barely what it says on the log book, maybe you guys need to look above your hatred for BP, and just look at the base motor for what it is, a Defender 110.

Nigel - it's not all about hatred for BP, or LRO, or any of that.

Imagine it was something else - say a tricked up Hummer or a j**p worth £10k+, and you won it. Would you throw your Land Rover project in the bin & convert to the car you won, or would you sell it to fund your Land Rover?

Nigel,

My dislike-hatred if you like? of BP is purely through the fact I can't stand people being ripped off with the purchase of inferior goods-and 90% of the comments made on here-and elsewhere plainly are of the Inferior quality of BP, OK yes all of us at some point is guilty of buying Inferior goods but we soon learn lessons from It-hopefully anyway,I also have to agree with you that some of us are indeed in a position of being able to have what we want already but It's not always been the case with me-If I didn't have the job and skills that I possess then I would be doing a normal job back here in the UK as It goes i do have the pre-requisite to d the job I do now and will carry on working the way I'm doing,

We all buy projects in some way shape or form to get up to a decent standard, The problem for me personally is that buying/winning someone else's project conjures up all sorts of possible problems that the previous owner has either bodged or hasn't done up to a good standard as I would hope to do myself-We've all seen it on here OP's attempts at wiring etc. and even some bizarre mechanical work too, OK not all of us are to the standard of the likes of DD-Dan but a lot of us are very capable of turning out some fantastic vehicles that are very capable and for not much money either

John