Nigelw

Need some help tonight, whilst laying under himself tending to a few other jobbies now the welding is catching up I had a small drip land on my head, now I immediately brushed this off as "condensation" with me being laid under there for 45 minutes and it being barely +3C but when I moved my crawling mats I noticed a damp patch, inspection sort of showed the back of the timing case but possibly thermostat housing.

Now my truck had been running HOAT green antifreeze until I needed to rob his rad, and I then promptly topped him off with ethylene glycol as all I had and not wanting to risk severe frost damage in the sub minus 10s but a while ago I did flush the whole system through and refill it with all new ethylene glycol as I prefer what I know.

But I have a vague recollection of the two being mixed they will react and eat away at gaskets and seals, or am I being paranoid?

Any guesses what gasket or seal it is as I am not 100% with a diesel lump, used to be a V8 man :rolleyes:

Any help greatly appreciated.

oat antifreeze is usually red , whereas the the other is blue or green , and the blue and green can usually mix OK , this has now been simplified by Prestone , whose antifreeze/antiboil coolant can be mixed with any.

You dont mention what diesel lump you have !