winch wiring, show off yours.

Nigelw

Looking for inspiration here as it is all fitted up and I'm very happy with it, pics to follow in my build thread soon.

But wiring, now, yes it came with cables that will be long enough to reach both battery trays and will go to the reserve battery tray as we are having a separate battery for all aux and non essential running electricals, but it's the routing and connections I want to see, what about grommets and holes and isolators?

So who wants to show off their install to inspire me?

Sorry to jump on the thread, I'm moving away from a disco into a defender 110, a picture of a defender wiring of a winch would be helpful or me.

I'll try to get some pictures of the wiring for my disco. But not sure it will help, I didn't fit a cut off switch, and the wires just run under the grill.

Think you might be better saying its for your Disco (if it is of course ) or everyone will post pics of there Defender install, which will be totally different

Not really vehicle specific entirely as need ideas to create my own design but not being sure of what others have done I am at a loss.

I have drawn out a couple of possibles but it is details and finer points to be looking for, things like clipping individual cables to secure or whether to sheath them as a pair and clip them in a bundle, the wires have to pass through into the engine compartment, what looks better? One big grommet or two individual holes and gromets?

Looking for ideas on what others have done and it's hard going searching through build threads looking for installs as it seems a lot of people gloss over that part.

2000 TD5 disco with a warn M8000 from ebay with a knackered motor. 9.5xp motor added as a replacement;

post-260-0-31204900-1391022073_thumb.jpg

Wired in the engine bay using an albright solenoid in the spot that used to hold the jack. Controlled mostly using a wireless remote (black box next to the albright).

post-260-0-15557400-1391022072_thumb.jpg

Master switch and hardwired secondary controls mounted just inside the grille

post-260-0-14499300-1391022074_thumb.jpg