Poor Radio Reception In My Discovery 2

CJ1

Hi, I have found that no matter what stereo I put in my 2002 Facelift Discovery, that the radio signal is really bad on most stations except for Radio 1, and it is a lot worse when I am driving along.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what is the fix please?

Cheers in advance.

It's worth checking the simple things first, do you have an antenna on the roof? or is it an on glass trace in one of the quarter lights. Some use the rear heated screen and an amplifier. If it is on the roof make sure you have a antenna ( some one hasn't nicked it)

next pull the radio forward out of the dash and make sure the connector is in the back of the radio. Could try a different radio to eliminate the set from your enquiries.

If this is ok have a look at the traces on the windows if you have no physical antenna and see if they are connected to the amplifier module.

Otherwise a new antenna or amplifier might be needed

found a link to the workshop exploded service repair, i wouldn't click on too many links on the page but in the abscence of another source it will give you a good idea of what you are looking for.

http://workshop-manuals.com/landrover/discovery300tdi/86_electrical/repair/antenna_amplifier_97_my/

the amp module can be seen if you search for "discovery 2 antenna amplifier" on google image search