truck cab seating........

So, having just bought a tired old truck cab, i find myself, (all 6ft3 of me) struggling to get into a position where i'm comfortable, i don;t seem to be able to get back far enough, i have already removed the headrest from the seat, which gave me about an inch of extra tilt, what i'm wondering is what other seats people have fitted to cure this issue, i don;t want buckets, they're too awkward to get in n out of....... just need to be able to sit right before i lash out to much on the rest of the truck...

ta,.

Simple, cut 2 inches off between the ankle and the knee, and 2 inches between the knee and the hip. Drive over washboard gravel at speed for a month and the spinal compression will take another 2 inches away.

Otherwise look into Mudrails, I think they are called. They move the seat up and back, I believe.

Truth is, the seating position was designed in an era where the average person was shorter. Some taller people have no problem, others can't cope with the position no matter what modifications they make.

Post up how you get on, valuable knowledge for other owners.

Mud rails might help if the issue is height, but they won't help the seat go much further back in a truck cab as it's the back wall of the cab which stops you.

Unfortunately I don't think there is really a solution, other than alter the body of the vehicle to a full roof and then remove the rear bulkhead.

I would put the headrest back in too personally, wouldn't want to crack the back of your head on the cab if you get rear-ended!

Mmm, i should have said i also have a van bodied truck, with bulkhead, and oddly i manage fine in that, the thing with the truck cab is the rear wondow section, which stops the seat going back quite as far as in the van. and re the headrest, even with the headrest fitted, my head would miss it totally, so don;t really see much point in having it, esp as it restricts further the seat movement....

I tried mudrails in the van for an extra bit of room, but ended up fitting rover 214sei seats, which suit me fine in the van, but simply don't fit in the truck cab.......

might have to try mudrails again!

I too am 6'3"

In my 1988 110 , I have mud rails fitted and they help enormously! By raising the seat by an inch or too, means you are in a more comfortable sitting position, and can have you back more upright.

I have yet to fit a set of mud rails to my 1998 defender 110, and it does feel odd being so low down.