seatbox questions..

Unless I'm mixing up a later seat box Td5 on perhaps, the joint between the seat box and tunnel section is much wider on the later seat box. Tunnel is fibreglass from memory.

I bought a later seat box when I started rebuilding my truck and I can't remember what the issue with using it was, however I do remember deciding it was too much hassle to try and use the late one on an early vehicle, even looked at changing the tunnel interface, which from memory would suggest it was a gearbox location issue, but it's a long time ago.

The basic seatbox is the same lt77 to R380 apart from the cutout for the gearbox tunnel. An lt77 can be converted to r380 - the r380 tunnel flange is on a separate panel spot welded to the seatbox; it can be removed from the seatbox and rivetted to an earlier seatbox and then the seatbox trimmed away around the tunnel area and holes re drilled for handbrake (the r380 panel moves the handbrake to the right). You also need to re drill one floor bolt hole which also moves to suit the later floor.

The r380 panel used to be available separately in a kit to do exactly the above.