Rear axle oil seals on an early 110

Hi all

I knew my rear axles have been leaking since I got it and I have put this job off long enough.

As it's an early (1984) 110 with (I think) the original drum braked rear axle.

Are the bearings and seals pretty much the same across the board? I have some seals and bearings left over from my Discovery and would like to know if they are likely to fit.

Cheers

I've just used some RTC3511 spec for classic rr on my disc conversion, they seem to be fairly universal. Mine is an 86 with a 21s Salisbury that was drum braked.

There are a few other part numbers for oil seals i found along the way, there is a bearmach defender axle part diag on google images somewhere.

edit: mine was also leaking, found grit had got into stub axle /oilseal area running a nice groove into the stub and wrecking the oil seal.

you could technically delete the outer seal if your inner seal is good, this way the oil will lubricate the bearings from the axle tube. Just need to make sure your drive members have washers and your end caps have a blob of sealant on.

After ringing around it looks like the inner and the outer are the same as a Discovery? I was given 2 part numbers which look like either they have either given me the wrong part numbers or they are the same. Part numbers are FTC4785 and FRC8222 which I am 99% sure I have a few of in the shed.

If anyone can shed any more light on this for me though, that would be great.