Disco 2 Air suspension.

Wes

Hi All.

Have recently purchased a 2002 TD5 seven seater. Vehicle runs well but I find the ride very bumpy. Air suspension appears to be working ok. No leaks that i can find and pumps up and down in off road mode. Have not driven it fully loaded yet. Have towed a heavy trailer a couple of times with no problems. Is there any maintenance required on the ride height sensors? How smooth should the ride be.? Any comment appreciated. Wes

Hi Griff. Yes I`ve tried that and it seems ok. The ride is not bouncy like you get with dodgy shocks it seems hard to me, perhaps I`m expecting to much after reading about the "smooth" ride you get with air suspension.

Wes

what size wheels & tyres are on it? i run the air suspension on my d2 purely for towing my buggy, i can load it all up & it sorts itself out,

i do have 2 sets of wheels however, one set of 16" mt's & one set of 17" At's, the 16" mt's although noisy & sound like a dead wheel bearing are slightly nicer to drive on as they have that bit more sidewall give, where as the 17's are a little firmer, ive only just changed (like yesterday) from 235/70/17 continentals to 255/65/17 maxxis AT771's which so far give a very nice ride,

if you have 18"/19"/20" wheels on it they are know to give a "rough" ride,