Wheeling pics

DiscoDino

Not hardcore yet, was just seeing how things went...thought I'd share these pics with you...went to an old army gunnery station where erosion has further enhanced the dug-outs since 1989...(ironically, that's were I test the truck each time I change something...)

Departure angle is sweet, tires clear everything with no issues:

Rear_winch_area.sized.jpg

Freelander 3rd brake light (needs wiring), shovel mount & breathers for fuel tank and the lot...

Shovel_3rd_brake_light.sized.jpg

The two dudes with me were saying that it looked like a G-Wagon...not sure, but it does seem to nee front wheelbase:

Dino_with_good_scenary.sized.jpg

Sexy shot, but front flex is gone (rear is kinda worse, but great still)...it kinda felt unstable...

Front_Wheelie.sized.jpg

Need to fix the spring rates a bit...

Rear_Stuff.sized.jpg

No_Flex.sized.jpg

Rear_Droop.sized.jpg

Rears are 300-360 OME 762 and fronts are OME 764 220s...(IIRC), so thinking of putting the fronts in the rear, and go 4 link front with airshox or coil-overs...with a +3-4" push for the front axle...

Hmmm, you've got even less travel than me :i-m_so_happy: I think some softer springs are needed.....

I can't remember the OME rates off the top of my head but I'm sure someone has them. What are you're axle to bumpstop measuerments? I'm guessing you don't have a weighbridge you can get too easily.

Disco Dino its a dream man... i add u at msn but maybe not accepted because u son't know me :( i been watching the disco evolution since the beggining one pirate4x4 and other forums.... man congratulations its real GREAT WORK

nunoeumiranda@hotmail.com for msn

Thanks

Dino,

Again, I have to say it turned out looking great! Obviously it needs more work on the suspension as the current articulation is a bit disappointing vs its potential. It must be rather lighter than you had imagined? For what it's worth I think your ideas for the front end - 4 link and coilovers is great. I take it they are bloody expensive, but they definitely deliver. I don't know enough about spring rates to say whether putting the front springs on the rear will deliver substantial improvements, but what about relocation cones ? I know there is a lot of debate about their real efficacy but it looks like a reasonably simple solution for the rear end if you aren't in danger of early bind on any of the links and the wheels are clearing well.

In any event, more photos welcome any time!

By the way, did you see that info on marine louvers that I found for you ?

Thanks michael, the alpine windows are very useful while driving!

Will, I'm out of Lebanon at the moment, but will (a) be scaling teh weight next week & (B) working on the front suspension...may even go 3 link with panhard given the engine sump...all up in the air now...the rear springs are currently 300-360lbs, and the fronts 240 at the same free height, so maybe putting these in the back will help the rear end with even longer shocks.

dv8i...indeed...I just added you! sorry...

RPR, thx again as always for your honnest criticism, glad it was about looking good this time :D ...I may even go with airshocks if the weight is light enough...its a trail only vehicle, so that may bring the $ down, and maybe a 3 link which is easier to do and has 1 less link (price), but in all honnesty, I'll pay more for reliability, and some more for performance, and some more for safety...so may end up with 4 link and coilovers...got your link to the louvers...found a Beirut boat store (Keryakos on the Corniche, not sure if you know it...above McD's) and got a pair, they are being installed as I type...may need to also change the sexy grill for something more open for airflow, I think that's the case...

Paul, thx, that link is already bookmarked and used extensively!

Thanks michael, the alpine windows are very useful while driving!

Will, I'm out of Lebanon at the moment, but will (a) be scaling teh weight next week & (B) working on the front suspension...may even go 3 link with panhard given the engine sump...all up in the air now...the rear springs are currently 300-360lbs, and the fronts 240 at the same free height, so maybe putting these in the back will help the rear end with even longer shocks.

dv8i...indeed...I just added you! sorry...

RPR, thx again as always for your honnest criticism, glad it was about looking good this time :D ...I may even go with airshocks if the weight is light enough...its a trail only vehicle, so that may bring the $ down, and maybe a 3 link which is easier to do and has 1 less link (price), but in all honnesty, I'll pay more for reliability, and some more for performance, and some more for safety...so may end up with 4 link and coilovers...got your link to the louvers...found a Beirut boat store (Keryakos on the Corniche, not sure if you know it...above McD's) and got a pair, they are being installed as I type...may need to also change the sexy grill for something more open for airflow, I think that's the case...

Paul, thx, that link is already bookmarked and used extensively!

Ah, yes, 360 will be a little on the heavy side! I guess something like 200 all round might well be about right for you now the vehicle's a little more slimlined.