xyz switch

jibbyman

Disco 2 don't have one to the g/box like Defender, sorry my bad. The earth from the battery runs to the bottom of the alternator bracket, you can reach it easy from the bottom. Then the obvious short one the the body at the battery. I would suggest a quick way to see if you have a earth concern is to use a set of jumper leads from the battery earth put one lead on the engine in a good spot, and the other one to the body on a good spot and see if the fan concern goes away.

Tried putting on temporary earths but no different . I can pull what ever power when stationary no problems if this helps .The lights are slightly flickering when stationary now I am presuming this is all connected ?

What is your alternator doing? Please test without load( everything off) take reading at idle and at 2000 rpm. Then do same tests but put all the loads on and I mean all, aircon full speed and coldest setting, rear heated screen, all lights on and high beam, heated seats.

checked starter ok .At idle 14.45 v ,2000 rpm 14.45v under load 12.83 v.Just a thought could something pull more volts while driving or perhaps the belt slipping ? Would there be more pressure on the belt ? cheers lads

Connected a multimeter through cigarette lighter today and drove around with just rear demise on .After about 10 minutes it went into limp home mode but the voltage not drop below 13.97 v . Should I just replace xyz switch ?

I think you need to take your Discovery to a decent recommended LR independant.Flickering lights are not caused by the WXYZ switch.Replacing it without proper diagnosis is an expensive gamble.Better to pay for a couple of hours expert diagnosis and get the job right.