Propshaft Lngth Odity.....

1985 '90, running arc v8, with lt77, and 230 transfer box, so, the front prop is totally knackered, the problem is, what do I buy, the truck started out as a na 2.5d, so I suspect that's what I should need, however some suppliers list one front prop for almost all defender s, trouble is, I have a 300 front prop, and that is a different length, I'm a bit confused really as to what I need, any advice would be appreciated.

Ta

Thought about that, but I'm sure the truck should suite a. Standard prop of some sort, there doesn't appear to be a fully comprehensive list anywhere of lengths, closed and ideally open....

I have a gap of approximately 680mm, which seems a bit long for most listed front ones.....

If your prop shaft meassurement (flange to flange) is 680mm then you should be looking for a shaft of compressed length of around 650mm - this will give you enough free float on compression and expansion to prevent fouling.