Width of later type Defender centre seat

I am attempting to fit a set of 3 front seats into the middle row of my 110 station wagon.

The seats I have are the early type with a slightly wider centre seat. It looks like it will be rather tight to squeeze them in, so I'm giving a thought to how much narrower the layer(Tdi onward?) centre seat is.

Can someone with the later type please wave a tape measure at their truck for me? I need overall width of the cushion. The early type measures 16 inches.

TIA

The front centre seat is 13.5" wide the frame and cushion are the same width. I'm little confused what you're after though as your first post mentioned middle row and your second post mentioned cubby boxes.

Edited by Mustardman

Hi Mike,

The centre seat in my '93 and '99 defender 90 measure 15 inches. The drivers and passenger seats measure 18 inches so you would only need to space out the outer seats by say an inch for all three cushions to sit snuggly against each other.

Hope this helps.

Steve

The front centre seat is 13.5" wide the frame and cushion are the same width. I'm little confused what you're after though as your first post mentioned middle row and your second post mentioned cubby boxes.

This sounds about right, as another source on FB, while apologising for not having a tape measure, told me his centre seat was 2.5 CD cases wide! Based in this innovative unit I was hedging at 13 - 13.5".

The reason I mentioned cubby boxes is because later models were fitted with a seat OR a box. Anyone with a box wouldn't be able to answer my question ;)

Nick - I had a feeling the seats moved in by an inch a side, but had nothing to check against.

Steve -your measurements have confused me rather. They seem to wide for the centre seat. My ( wide type) has cushion and frame the same width, although that may be the result of it never having been reshaped by a human backside :o

Thank you to everyone that has replied. The results of this enquiry will find their way to my 110 write up eventually