Megasquirt and Megashift shopping list

MogLite

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went to see the lovely and very helpful Nige

I picked up a relay board, and sensors, and stuff, pretty much all I need to MS my Lexus engine :i-m_so_happy:

Well except the Megasquirt itself, as Nige through me curve ball, he reckons MS3 will be a better bet, if I want to run Megashift, as the MS2 is a bit buggy and all the love in the community is passing over MS2 and going straight to MS3

So I've got some googling to do :unsure:

MS3 is a beast, but I think Nige is right - 'cos you're a special case :moglite:

For just running an engine, MS1 is all you need.

MS2 was always intended as a test-bed for developing MS3, but that took so long a lot of people went MS2, usually just because it's "one better" (spinal tap stylee).

MS3 is the latest greatest that's presumably going to get the most love / development, and it certainly has the horsepower to run anything up to the space shuttle (probably got more processing power than the space shuttle in actual fact).

The biggest issue is that Megasquirt is all things to all people, and with MS3 it can be everything to everyone with bells on and a twitter feed. The more things you have to tinker with, the more ways there are of setting it up wrong.

My little bruv is running a lexus V8 in his tomato supra with MS1 and a turbo that came from a daf lorry. He melts lots of rear tyre's and it's only 500ish hp at the mo and he's looking to get much more with MS1...

Just saying.. :P