Oil advice please on a TD5

CJ1

Thanks. I wouldn't have normally considered Halford own oil but on this occasion I had been given £50 in Halfords vouchers which is the only way I could afford some oil. Next time I will be looking at better options for oil. And it helped that the oil was buy 1 and get 1 half price.

as long as it's fully synthetic and it's specified that it's suitable for electronic unit injector diesel engines any oil is good :excl: , this oil thing is more complicated than it appears believe me... i made serious research in this area and i can tell that not fully synth oils have a certain electric conductivity due to mineral microparticles and that's not good for a Td5 (or similar engines which have electronic unit injectors merged in the oil)) cos the injector's solenoids are connected to the loom within this oil... i'm not gonna keep a whole theory here but simplifying things about engine oil like Td5 was a tractor might have side effects(RAVE is inaccurate in this area)...i'm not saying it will not run but there might be a difference HOW it runs and for how long... that's all, just think about it

one example http://www.valvolineeurope.com/serbi...?category=cars , now somebody find me a mineral oil which has this specification( i mean the unit injector thing)

Why is getting oil so complicated lol Why can't all cars just have the same oil. Yes it is marked as suitable. But when it comes to the major service in 6 months time I will be getting the oil directly from a Land Rover dealer.