TGV belt snapped. pull head?

JST

Not usually, only if there's damage to the bronze cam follower carriers.

I'd repair the obvious, spin the engine manually, then maybe on the starter (stop solenoid disconnected) and if all looks and sounds ok, have at it!

I assume the 2.8 will suffer the same as a 300 tdi. I've seen a few 300s with broken belts, normal they bend the push rods, sometimes they break the rocker arms and/or pull the threads out of the head for the rocker shaft and in one case the push rod pushed a hole in the brass guide.

As TSD says. Replace the push rods first and wind it over by hand and check all the rocker arms are opening the same amount.

James old chap, if it is anything like a 300, remove the rocker shaft and carefully examine it's fixing threads in the head. These are prone to weakening/stripping under the shock of a belt breaking leading, eventually, to a broken rocker shaft. Which is most inconvenient.

HTH

Mo