RRC CATS Alarm

task

Hi Pete.

I'm not 100% sure, but I guess the answer is yes.

The Blue '93 I had did have two button key fobs. I assume it was the alarm it left the factory with.

However my current one, I don't have a fob for either. Then again, with this car I have only the 1 set of keys too. It still has the motion sensor above the rear view mirror so I can only assume it has an alarm, as I haven't had the decker panel off yet which is where the sounder was on the blue one.

Looking at Vidar Errikson's site, the brochures from 93 list an alarm as an accessory, but the main brochure also says they have an alarm as standard?

Is your new RRC a KA car? When was it registered? It would be interesting compare it to my L reg 93 hard dash.

Hi Dunc,

it's a KA car, not sure of reg date as I haven't got the V5 infront of me. It has the alarm sensor on the top of the screen and it also flashes the indicators when you turn the key which both suggest it has an alarm fitted, along with the CATS stickers.

It also has some horrific after market immobiliser on the dash that involves slotting a fob into a reader. I also have only one set of keys :(

I will have a proper dig about once I get a chance in daylight and I'll take some photos over the weekend and start a thread.

As said your 93 RRC should have a single button pear shape fob as standard.However if its locked by key it can be unlocked by key.The complication arises when you lock it with a fob - it can then only be unlocked with a fob.If the fobs fail you need to send the alarm ecu off to Remote key.com to get it reset.

The other possible option is to talk nicely to the staff at Remote key and ask if they can supply one of the loom conversion kits they did to fit the Lucas 10AS alarm ecu to a RRC.Be more expensive,but has the advantage of being current,(Defenders are still using the ecu and fobs) and being programmable and externally diagnosable.They are also more reliable and can have up to 4 fobs coded up rather than 2 with the original system.